- Zone A, otherwise known as Parkmore Crescent.
This closure has been in place since 2013.
- Zones B, E1 and E2 which are collectively known as Parkmore Central.
This closure has been in place and it began operating in April 2016.
- Zone C, otherwise known as Parkmore Estate.
This closure is in place and it began operating in April 2016.
- Zone D, this zone is at an early stage in the overall process
Location of Booms and Gates
Click below links for maps of:
|Parkmore Estate||and||Parkmore Central|
Operating Hours of Booms and Gates for Central & Estate
- During “Peak Hours”, all booms and gates will be open. Peak hours are:
- Mon – Fri: 6h00 – 9h30
- Mon – Fri: 15h00 – 19h30
- Sat: 8h00 – 13h00
- For the remainder of day and night, all gates will be closed to vehicles, and access will only be possible through the various booms.
- There are a few exceptions, allowing for access to local businesses and schools, as follows:
- Gate at the bottom of Lilian Ave, corner Sandton Drive – open weekdays 6h00 to 19h30, and Saturdays between 8h00 and 13h00
- Gate on Ninth Street near Marie Avenue, open weekdays between 11h30 and 14h00.
- Gate on Holt Street East near Marie Avenue, open weekdays between 11h30 and 14h00.
- Pedestrian access is available 24 hours a day through all gates and booms, per JRA regulation.
- Boom gates will be manned 24 hours a day, per JRA regulation.
Further particulars relating to the application as well as a plan indicating the proposed closure may be inspected during normal office hours at the JRA (Pty) Ltd offices:
JRA (Pty) Ltd
66 Sauer Street