There are three parks in Parkmore: George Lea Park along Sandton Drive, Shandon Way Park on Shandon Way and the Field & Study Park just off Louise.
George Lea Park is leased from the City by the Sandton Sports Club and major plans are under way to revamp this space including upgrading sports facilities through private investors. The current situation in the park, with regards to vagrants and litter, is being addressed by the City following consistent pressure from residents, the PCA and the councillors in 2015. A comprehensive clean up plan will be in action in January 2016.
Shandon Way park is a small park that currently has no play equipment. The PCA launched a bid to move equipment from George Lea, where it was installed in the late 1970s for the people of Parkmore. Permission has been granted to move the equipment and the PCA is now raising the capital of R100,000 required to move, paint, restore and install rubber matting for eight play items.
The Field & Study is a large area of land at the bottom of Parkmore which has a restaurant, stables, and a community recreation facility houses in an original house built in 1936. Many members of the community enjoy this space, taking their dogs for walks and their children to play on the play equipment. It has its own active group of volunteers who raise money to maintain and clean the park. You can read more and become a member on their website, the Friends of the Field & Study. There is also a monthly market called the Field & Study Market, which was launched in 2015.