Security Initiatives and Community Policing
What does the Parkmore Community Association do to make Parkmore Safer?
- Established a Security Porfolio overseen by a committee.
- Contracted with a single security provider – see below.
- Faciliated road closures with manned security access points.
- Managing and facilitating the rollout of Vumacam CCTV with offsite monitoring.
- Membership and participation in the local Community Policing Forum with SAPS/JMPD/Security Companies and adjacent resident’s associations.
- Analysis of trends/MO’s and ensuring intervention and communication to the community where appropriate.
Core to improved security in Parkmore, the PCA manages a comprehensive security contract on behalf of its members. This has proved to be the most successful model for suburbs and is commonly applied in many neighbouring communities.
Why a centrally managed security contract?
- A United Parkmore is a Safer Parkmore.
- The focus is on having a team dedicated to Parkmore – not limited to armed response to individual residences, but proactive patrolling of the entire suburb as well as common spaces with the mandate to investigate and assist wherever possible.
- The PCA contracts with 24/7 which enables significant clout for the residents – in both buying-power and additional services.
- The entire 24/7 team, from CEO to Guards are deeply committed to the suburb.
- The more residents and businesses that sign up with 24/7, the more dedicated vehicles we will get for the Parkmore.
In addition to Home or Business Alarm system monitoring and armed response, key features of the contract:
- 24 hour proactive patrolling;
- Three dedicated patrolling vehicles plus an experienced cluster manager;
- 2 well trained armed reaction officers (ARO’s) per vehicle vs. 1 in many other cases allows for immediate intervention or engagement if required;
- The vehicles do not leave the suburb – even at shift change;
- Access to Tactical Response Strike Team, manned with Grade A guards;
- Ad hoc use of 24/7 Security’s K9 Unit;
- Additional foot patrollers and vehicles deployed according to crime trends, as budget allows
- Average response time to your alarm or panic signal of three minutes and under;
- 24/7 App with Panic Feature;
- Free ‘Meet-and-Greet’ services for clients;
- Weekly attendance at Community Policing Forum/ Sandton SAPS meetings and weekly meeting between PCA Suburb Manager and 24/7 management;
- Participation in all SAPS-led operations such as green belt clear ups in the parks;
- 24 hour Control Room and Suburb Manager participation in community security WhatsApp channel ‘ParkmoreProtect’;
- Community-owned radio frequency and transmitters – each member purchases a radio upon sign up. This means that should a new provider be selected, no new transmitters will be required as the PCA moves the receiver to the new provider’s control room;
- Proactive security trend analysis/insights with suggestions, plus GuardTek for all issue and incident reporting;
- Independent security advice;
- Community services e.g. reporting broken street lights, pot holes, water leaks, calling paramedics and fire brigade following vehicle accidents etc.
- If security provider issues are experienced, the PCA Manager will facilitate resolution and provide feedback.
Cluster Manager can be reached on 082 893 2589 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
24/7 Security Services is a founder-led company with an outstanding track record in Parkmore, Forest Town, Parkview, Duxberry and at many of Gauteng’s leading schools. For more information about 24/7 you can visit their website.
JOIN 24/7 WITH THIS AMAZING OFFER FROM THE PCA BOARD
Move your armed response from your existing security provider to 24/7 Security for just R550 per month. Valid until 31 August 2021.
More 24/7 members will enable:
- Additional dedicated vehicles for better coverage and response times;
- Extended Vumacam camera network to beyond the entrances;
- Potential reduction in costs for all members if the economics allow.
To join, email email@example.com
Please share with your neighbours and street groups.
Terms and Conditions
- As the 24/7 contract is with the PCA, you’ll need to be a PCA member.
- This is a ‘like-for-like’ offer and only applies for full armed response services. Proof of your current security provider fees is required.
- To get the offer you will need to commit to a 1 year contract. From 1st September 2020, the prevailing PCA + 24/7 Membership fees will apply.
- This offer is for the premises/resident combination and is not here to be ‘gamed’ – so don’t cancel 24/7 and reapply, or pretend to be a pensioner when you are not. We reserve the right to reject applications due to any attempts to ‘game the system’.
- This offer is not available to residents that have cancelled with 24/7 within the past 12 months.
- There is a once off cost for a PCA Radio Transmitter of R648 (each security company usually has their own that you’d need to purchase) and a small annual fee for the radio license.
- The PCA reserves the right to extend or withdraw this offer at any time, as well as to change the terms and conditions.